mardi 15 janvier 2013

7 things you might not know about me


Bubbles recently got a blog award that asked her to write 7 facts about herself and I found it really interested to read so it inspired me to write my own seven facts. Hopefully you'll be interested in getting to know the person behind the blog a little better ;)

  1. I really love forests and woods. I somehow feel safe and relaxed there. Though I wouldn't like living lost in the middle of countryside because I like being able to reach places fast. But having a little wooden house surrounded by greenery only to spend my holidays would be a dream of mine.
  2. I'm definitely not girly or feminine. I don't like pink, hardly ever wear dresses/skirts (I'm always wearing the same kind of clothes - jeans and pullovers), never use make up. I sometimes paint my nails though but not so often and I take it off after one or two days. I wish I were however, because I find girls that wear women clothes and a bit of make-up (a bit, not a lot!) the prettiest. But somehow, each time I tried looking more like a girl, I didn't like it. It just didn't look like me.
  3. I don't really know what my inner age is. I'm biologically (soon) twenty but I don't think I belong to that generation at all. I always feel weird among people my age because I'm so different, we don't have the same likings, the same expectations... I sometimes feel I'm younger than my real age because my inner child is still strong (I find myself having great fun playing with toys or in playgrounds when I'm baby-sitting), yet some other times (most of the time, actually) I feel older than my real age. I somehow get along better with older people (aged 25-30) as I have more in common with them.
  4. I often get strongly attached to characters when I'm reading a book. And I feel really sad when one die and/or when the book is over, meaning I have to leave them forever. That's why I prefer series, because then I spend more time with my favourite characters. But I also get even more attached to them and I feel even sadder when the series ends...
  5. I am definitely a hoarder. I have hard time throwing anything, because I'm afraid I might need it one day, so my drawers and the boxes on my shelves are full of useless things (but who knows, they might become useful one day!). Though sometimes I catch "cleaning fevers" and when it happens, I can fill out at least 3 big dustbin bags with all my jerk.
  6. I tend to reject all that is "trendy", and to like what no one usually likes. But at the same time I don't like it when people look at me weird, like "But how can you (not) like this?!" I want to be "normal" so that people don't notice me (there's nothing that makes me more uncomfortable than being the centre of everyone's attention), but at the same time I want to be different. There's a big paradox over here, isn't there? 
  7. I'm not really into competitions, it doesn't interest me to be "the best" at something. And anyway, I believe that you can always find someone better than you. But I do like challenging myself. Like giving me goals to achieve, trying to beat my personal records, etc.
I hope you didn't fall asleep while reading it! 
Love, Tári

4 commentaires:

  1. Hi Tari! Hope your 2013 is going good! Sorry it's been so long since I contacted you via snailmail and here on blogger. I actually moved a month ago to a different state and I've been feeling a bit (okay maybe a lot) lazy lately. But that will change soon because I plan on making this year really great! So I will work on your letter very soon. I highly appreciate your patience! I've been a bit behind on letters ever since the move! >_< Need to start catching up as I miss writing to all my good pals!

    Anyways, I can definitely relate to you on a few of your "7 interesting facts". Very interesting! I think I'll save that discussion for the letter :)

    Write you soon,
    Yasmeen


    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Yasmeen! Don't worry, I know what moving is and how it keeps you busy and takes all your energy!
      Anyway I'll be very happy to read from you again and to further discuss about these 7 facts with you :)

      Supprimer
  2. Hi Tári:

    Thanks for sharing. I must accept that I feel identified with some of the seven things you wrote :) The numbers: 3, 5, 6, 7.

    Sometimes, I think I should have lived a couple of decades ago: I really enjoy to write letters and to listen to short-wave radio, activities which a lot of people around my age don't consider "cool" these days. I don't like the trendy social network Fakebook at all, but it seems everybody does!, so they look at me as an abnormal guy, but I don't care at all.

    I discovered the word for what I used to be: a hoarder (pencils, envelopes,...). I stoped saving everything after reading one of Quino's (an Argentinian cartoonist) Mafalda cartoons:

    "...Felipe found a screw on the street and picked it up and said "Everything is useful for something". Mafalda looked at him and replied: "But nothing is useful for everything". Then Felipe threw out the screw..."

    Have a great day!
    Jero.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Jero, thanks for your reaction! And it's always nice to know I have men among my readers, as the penpalling world mostly is women :)
      This quote from Mafalda cartoons is very true, actually, and I tend to agree with both characters ;) With Felipe when I keep objects "because you never know!", and with Mafalda when I catch my cleaning fevers.

      And let's all be abnormal, normal people are boring anyway :P

      Supprimer

Thanks for your comment! :)